HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Culture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KenCat1337
Illuminati Puppet

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Culture   Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:28 am

Today's culture, especially in Amerika, is blinded by consumerism and only see the illusion of materialism. I of course speak of most of the people, not all.

The people, especially the ones of the younger generation, believe nothing exists except for that of which that you can currently touch. They can't think, for they spend their time worrying about the 10% sale on the $100 jeans made in a sweatshop. They accept -- it's all they do.

Were all to question, question EVERYTHING, the world would be a better place for all would be "forced" to think for themselves.

Creativity is looked upon as wrong, and independent thinkers are discouraged and called unpatriotic, freaks or chaotic terrorists.

An example of this materialism can be seen in the fetishization of the peace sign. They diamond studded piece of jewelry in the shape of a sign that goes against diamond studded jewelry in the first place. They can feel it, touch it -- they can't imagine it. They wear these peace signs as they go off and vote for their candidate, who either believes in war with two countries, or three.

Sometimes I wish I was born in another time -- a time in which people have the ability to imagine. Imagine a world better than the current one. Other times, I see how being born in this time is a blessing, not a curse.

Maybe we can change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Experienced

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Culture   Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:46 am

we must change =]

but i do believe people are naturally creative...i just wished it was supported more - in general, people think of those who try to be creative as impractical =/

and yeah, commodity fetishism just sucks in general...

what do you think about the whole liberal practice of conscientious shoppers, and buying certain products for a cause?

i tend to think its just an excuse to continue an inherently unsupportable lifestyle...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KenCat1337
Illuminati Puppet

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Culture   Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:50 am

solpacvoicis wrote:
we must change =]

but i do believe people are naturally creative...i just wished it was supported more - in general, people think of those who try to be creative as impractical =/

and yeah, commodity fetishism just sucks in general...

what do you think about the whole liberal practice of conscientious shoppers, and buying certain products for a cause?

i tend to think its just an excuse to continue an inherently unsupportable lifestyle...

"Conscientious shopping" lol

"I am conscious that I am destroying the environment, giving money to corporations who get debt and even chattel enslaved people to do their work, creating a bigger buildup for the crash of capitalism, etc." lol

I can just about say I don't buy anything from a corporation anymore. At all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Experienced

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Culture   Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:56 am

fair enough lol, but that's still technically conscientious shopping....just the kind that should be used o.o;;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Culture   

Back to top Go down

Culture
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1