Politics Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Race

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sill
Experienced
Sill

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Race Empty
PostSubject: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:55 am

No im not Racist, but obviously, skull identificication has proven that people living in different areas are different. Skulls found in India, have a somewhat same shape and size, while ones from China are different in some way(Shape), it's near impossible to prove that everyone is equal in race (Human, yes, race, no.)

No one is better, no one is less, but no one is exactly the same, either. Making race classification obvious.

Which is exactly why nationalist fight, to preserve the culture and tradition of their race, that doesn't make us racist because we're proud of we're we came from!
Back to top Go down
KenCat1337
Illuminati Puppet
KenCat1337

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 9:59 am

Sill wrote:
No im not Racist, but obviously, skull identificication has proven that people living in different areas are different. Skulls found in India, have a somewhat same shape and size, while ones from China are different in some way(Shape), it's near impossible to prove that everyone is equal in race (Human, yes, race, no.)

No one is better, no one is less, but no one is exactly the same, either. Making race classification obvious.

Which is exactly why nationalist fight, to preserve the culture and tradition of their race, that doesn't make us racist because we're proud of we're we came from!

I understand that Nationalism isn't necessarily racist, though I believe classification as well as division, exclusion and favoritism is inherently wrong.

We are all one race, the human race -- just because our skull structure is somewhat different, it doesn't mean we should exclude people of other slight skull shapes.
Back to top Go down
Sill
Experienced
Sill

Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:14 am

KenCat1337 wrote:

I understand that Nationalism isn't necessarily racist, though I believe classification as well as division, exclusion and favoritism is inherently wrong.

We are all one race, the human race -- just because our skull structure is somewhat different, it doesn't mean we should exclude people of other slight skull shapes.

wait, no, i ment that our nationality is a important aspect because it shapes our structure (such as skull) which is evidential proof that one historic group differed from another, which is how the branches became so.
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Experienced

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:15 am

....okay, so, even if you already know this...a basic rule of genetics is:

same genes = BAD FOR REPRODUCTION

if people are too similar, genetic defects start to emerge.....which is why its a good thing that there are billions of people on earth....

and if you consider the genetic difference required to prevent genetic defects from emerging too much, remember that all humans share...what...98% of their genes with everyone else. most of that difference attributes to the slight physical and developmental difference between males and females - no prostate in females is an example of a "large" amount of genetic difference, yet that could not attribute to more than 1% of the differences between all humans. all the rest of the differences lie in 1%.

its just stupidity in terms of genetics to divide people up even further into "races" - this would lessen the differences even more until all the members of that race were as genetically related as family members.

the more different the coupling of genes, the better it is for the gene pool.

now, its fine to want to preserve culture, but if you look at american culture, you can see its not dependent at all upon "the races" to keep it "alive".

just remember that the differences between two humans, regardless of race or sex, couldn't be too huge - otherwise we wouldn't be the same species. humans are pretty much all the same, genetically speaking. in fact, if an outside observer were to see all human kind, i think they would have as much difficulty, if not more, distinguishing from an englishman and a chinese woman as most white americans today have distinguishing between the different "asian races"
Back to top Go down
KenCat1337
Illuminati Puppet
KenCat1337

Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:12 am

solpacvoicis wrote:
....okay, so, even if you already know this...a basic rule of genetics is:

same genes = BAD FOR REPRODUCTION

if people are too similar, genetic defects start to emerge.....which is why its a good thing that there are billions of people on earth....

and if you consider the genetic difference required to prevent genetic defects from emerging too much, remember that all humans share...what...98% of their genes with everyone else. most of that difference attributes to the slight physical and developmental difference between males and females - no prostate in females is an example of a "large" amount of genetic difference, yet that could not attribute to more than 1% of the differences between all humans. all the rest of the differences lie in 1%.

its just stupidity in terms of genetics to divide people up even further into "races" - this would lessen the differences even more until all the members of that race were as genetically related as family members.

the more different the coupling of genes, the better it is for the gene pool.

now, its fine to want to preserve culture, but if you look at american culture, you can see its not dependent at all upon "the races" to keep it "alive".

just remember that the differences between two humans, regardless of race or sex, couldn't be too huge - otherwise we wouldn't be the same species. humans are pretty much all the same, genetically speaking. in fact, if an outside observer were to see all human kind, i think they would have as much difficulty, if not more, distinguishing from an englishman and a chinese woman as most white americans today have distinguishing between the different "asian races"

I have never, ever looked at it from that perspective.. Well, at least I didn't consider genetic defects. It makes a lot of sense, though.
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Experienced

Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:51 am

i have far too much time sitting in class with nothing to do lol....my bio teacher was really interesting, and my friends like to talk about the weirdest stuff ^_^
Back to top Go down
calinis
Experienced

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:51 am

You're right, I'm proud of my race, eyes, hair colour, etc. It took alot of work to get here, I know, but I did it. I'm white, I have blue eyes, and blond hair. I feel much more accomplished than those black people who didn't try as hard.
Back to top Go down
Sill
Experienced
Sill

Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:52 am

calinis wrote:
You're right, I'm proud of my race, eyes, hair colour, etc. It took alot of work to get here, I know, but I did it. I'm white, I have blue eyes, and blond hair. I feel much more accomplished than those black people who didn't try as hard.

How did they not try as hard?
Back to top Go down
KenCat1337
Illuminati Puppet
KenCat1337

Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:44 am

calinis wrote:

What?
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Experienced

Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race   Race I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:42 am

...i think he's being sarcastic.

please tell me you are being sarcastic O.o;;
Back to top Go down
KenCat1337