HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Iraq War

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What do you think about it
It was for a good reasons
25%
 25% [ 2 ]
I don't know
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
It was unfair
75%
 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8
 

AuthorMessage
Tommy
Experienced
avatar

Number of posts : 55
Age : 25
Location : Cannes
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Iraq War   Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:28 am

What do you think about it ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandemic
Global Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 325
Age : 26
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:31 am

(Fixed Spelling)

Anyways...
I disagree with it, because
1. Their were no weapons of mass destruction
2. Majority of those who attacked us are in Iran and Pakistan, but that stilldoesn't give us the right to attack them when they didn't do it.
3. Overthrowing a government does not stop terrorists.
4. We destroyed EVERYTHING, than now were making up for it by implanting a puppet and rebuilding what we want rebuilt.
5. Government lied to us with the reasons to go there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://politicsonline.forumotion.com
Tommy
Experienced
avatar

Number of posts : 55
Age : 25
Location : Cannes
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:37 am

Pandemic wrote:



5. Government lied to us with the reasons to go there.

I don't think it, it's the Gouvernement of the USA, I don't think it lie (In fact It's a Republican Governement, It can't lie lol! ).
I trust the Governement, and I approve it for this 8 years (I'm only in France lol).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandemic
Global Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 325
Age : 26
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:41 am

They already DID lie.
About WMD's in Iraq
That were never there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://politicsonline.forumotion.com
KenCat1337
Illuminati Puppet
avatar

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:08 am

Pandemic wrote:
They already DID lie.
About WMD's in Iraq
That were never there.

This is "justified" by the thought that lying isn't lying if you didn't know that you were lying (reason given by Bill O'Reilly, Neoconservative hero).

1. Their were no weapons of mass destruction
2. Majority of those who attacked us are in Iran and Pakistan, but that stilldoesn't give us the right to attack them when they didn't do it.
3. Overthrowing a government does not stop terrorists.
4. We destroyed EVERYTHING, than now were making up for it by implanting a puppet and rebuilding what we want rebuilt.
5. Government lied to us with the reasons to go there.
6. It was only over natural resources, which is what McCain admitted to by accident once.
7. It furthers the FAKE capitalist's (like Bush's) agenda -- if you're a real capitalist, (like Adam Smith or an extreme version of Ron Paul) you believe in non-intervention.
8. It destroyed not only their wallet, but ours (if you care about money).
9. It leaves the next president in debt up to his eyeballs to worry about, which is exactly what Bush wanted.

I can go on, but you get the point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandemic
Global Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 325
Age : 26
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:19 am

It's sad when a Capitalist agrees with a Anarchist! lol!
But Tommy is in France...he doesn't know all the shit they spouted over here, and i heard the French government was truthful, unlike ours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://politicsonline.forumotion.com
KenCat1337
Illuminati Puppet
avatar

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:33 pm

Pandemic wrote:
It's sad when a Capitalist agrees with a Anarchist! lol!
But Tommy is in France...he doesn't know all the shit they spouted over here, and i heard the French government was truthful, unlike ours.

You don't seem to identify yourself with capitalist ideas, though.
That's another post, though. lol

No government is a truthful government -- many people don't even stop and think about the definition of "govern", "to control the actions or behavior of" or to state it nicely, "exercise political authority over". A government is a body who does this. Were they to truly admit to what they were and what their true intentions were, people would go crazy.

However, I do admit to France having a better a said body who has less political oppression.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandemic
Global Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 325
Age : 26
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Just because i dislike the Iraq war does not make me any less of a Capitalist. If you haven't seen the millions of democrats against the war, than your pretty absent from society Razz

But that i don't agree with, that government is always lies, but as you said, keep it on-topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://politicsonline.forumotion.com
KenCat1337
Illuminati Puppet
avatar

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:47 pm

Pandemic wrote:
Just because i dislike the Iraq war does not make me any less of a Capitalist. If you haven't seen the millions of democrats against the war, than your pretty absent from society Razz

But that i don't agree with, that government is always lies, but as you said, keep it on-topic

I WAS keeping it on-topic: "and i heard the French government was truthful, unlike ours". Oh, aren't you a rebel. lol

"If you haven't seen the millions of democrats against the war, than your pretty absent from society"
You've been pretty absent from society if you haven't realized that the democratic party does not reflect the views of most democrats. For example, Barack Obama is neither anti-war or even anti-Iraq War. We went over it, you attempted to justify it, but it still does not take away the fact that he's not against the Iraq War.

"just because i dislike the Iraq war does not make me any less of a Capitalist"
That's not why I said you weren't truly a capitalist. Capitalists are for non-governmental intervention with just about anything (from foreign countries to the economy). Both parties believe in both. This is why capitalism, although an isolationist philosophy, is not sustainable -- it "NEEDS" (in order to sustain itself longer, but not forever) wars for resources, money, etc.


I'm not even bringing in my own philosophy / political viewpoints..
I'm debating in your own territory, "democratic" party / capitalist policy..

p.s. I can safely say that most of the democratic party (not the government, the people who are registered as democrats) do not even know that their country is essentially capitalist, if they know what the word is at all. This is not a jab at the democrats, this is a jab at society. Most things that I say can be applied to both parties, though I'm afraid there are more republicans who know what capitalism is.. But to be fair, it's for a bad, greedy, individualistic, reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little Reagan
New Member


Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:44 am

I dont think the government intentionally lied to us. I have some doubts about whether or not we should have entered the war, but now that we are there I dont think we can just up and leave. And while I dont think the government lied intentionally, they should have their facts straight before they make such major decisions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandemic
Global Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 325
Age : 26
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:37 am

Little Reagan wrote:
I dont think the government intentionally lied to us. I have some doubts about whether or not we should have entered the war, but now that we are there I dont think we can just up and leave. And while I dont think the government lied intentionally, they should have their facts straight before they make such major decisions.

How did they not lie intentionally? They said their were WMD's, and their were not. You can't just guess and make it factual, and you most definately can't say that it was unintentional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://politicsonline.forumotion.com
GeeGee3374
New Member


Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:17 pm

I am one of the few Liberal Democrats that supported Tony Blair over the war in Iraq. I wasn't that interested over breaches of UN resolution 14/41, I wasn't bothered whether Saddam could threaten his neighbours, there would only really be one that he would of attacked it would of been Israel and Saddam may of been many things but stupid wasn't one of them and the firestorm Israel would of rained down on Iraq, they would of been finished. I supported the war because I thought Saddam had to go, his people couldn't free themselves and Britain and her Allies were right to strike. Knowing all I know now, I would still vote for an ivasion of Iraq now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little Reagan
New Member


Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:57 pm

Pandemic wrote:
Little Reagan wrote:
I dont think the government intentionally lied to us. I have some doubts about whether or not we should have entered the war, but now that we are there I dont think we can just up and leave. And while I dont think the government lied intentionally, they should have their facts straight before they make such major decisions.

How did they not lie intentionally? They said their were WMD's, and their were not. You can't just guess and make it factual, and you most definately can't say that it was unintentional.

I mean I believe that they really thought there were WMDs, not just being war mongers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little Reagan
New Member


Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:59 pm

Not that it justifies the war, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolKidX
Global Moderator


Number of posts : 231
Location : The Netherlands ^_^
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:15 pm

GeeGee3374 wrote:
I am one of the few Liberal Democrats that supported Tony Blair over the war in Iraq. I wasn't that interested over breaches of UN resolution 14/41, I wasn't bothered whether Saddam could threaten his neighbours, there would only really be one that he would of attacked it would of been Israel and Saddam may of been many things but stupid wasn't one of them and the firestorm Israel would of rained down on Iraq, they would of been finished. I supported the war because I thought Saddam had to go, his people couldn't free themselves and Britain and her Allies were right to strike. Knowing all I know now, I would still vote for an ivasion of Iraq now.

Theres nothing "free" of forcing another country to be democratic, its just madness!
"Hey theres a country and toguh we dont rule that country and dotn have buisness with it, let's attack it!"
Seriusly...this war is so dumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeeGee3374
New Member


Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Saddam used chemical weapons against his own people. More people voted in the Iraqi elections than in the last two British general election, they have an economy that is working now, they have a democracy, the terror attacks appear to have stopped, and we will soon be able to withdraw our troops and let the Iraqi people live in freedom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandemic
Global Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 325
Age : 26
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:10 am

Little Reagan wrote:

I mean I believe that they really thought there were WMDs, not just being war mongers.

That always is a chance, but you need to realize that you can't just "Guess" at a issue as serious as war. But as you said, it didn't justifiy the war Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://politicsonline.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Iraq War   

Back to top Go down
 
Iraq War
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» THE MASTER OF SPIN ON IRAQ WAR
» Iraq Car Bomb kills 27 at Army Base
» People still "very abusive" to Blair 10 years after Iraq War
» Missing Baby Lisa Irwin
» Many dead in attacks on Iraqi security forces

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Politics Online :: Debate :: Capitalism-
Jump to: